Given my track record for blog posts, I had Teri update my blog with the first pictures of the babies (that's why there's only pictures). I didn't know when I would get them up so she did me the favor of posting for me. Well, for those that are interested but mostly for my own record this is how it happened. Last Sunday I had a wonderful mother's day given my state of being incredibly big and swollen.Because both babies were breech I had a c-section scheduled for May 17th and with one week remaining I thought, I can do one more week, but I was definitely counting down the hours. We went to bed that night and I wrote big list of things I needed to get done during the next week. I slept good until about 3 am when the contractions woke me up. I laid there and drank some water thinking they would go away, but after about an hour I called my sister and told her to head over, my contractions were just getting worse. When we got to the hospital they put me in a room and kind of took their time getting me checked. When the dr. came in around 5:30 I was dilated to a 7 (no wonder it was so painful). From there it went really quick and Olivia was born at 6:26 am weighing a whopping 4 lb. 11 oz. and then came Sam weighing 6 lb. 8 oz. After showing me both babies, they went to work doing their normal checking the babies out. Both babies were healthy and got to go to the room with me once they were done.We got home yesterday and we're are all doing great. In fact, I think I prefer the c-section. Here are the latest pictures of the little ones. They are so perfect. Olivia is so tiny but she is a porker, I think she will catch up to her brother in no time. Sam looks a lot like Ben. I feel so blessed that I was able to carry them to 37 weeks and that they were both healthy. I hope top be better at posting but I'm not making any promised. The last picture of Bo is a random one I added without knowing what it was an now I can't figure out how to remove it. Oh well.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
more of the babies
Given my track record for blog posts, I had Teri update my blog with the first pictures of the babies (that's why there's only pictures). I didn't know when I would get them up so she did me the favor of posting for me. Well, for those that are interested but mostly for my own record this is how it happened. Last Sunday I had a wonderful mother's day given my state of being incredibly big and swollen.Because both babies were breech I had a c-section scheduled for May 17th and with one week remaining I thought, I can do one more week, but I was definitely counting down the hours. We went to bed that night and I wrote big list of things I needed to get done during the next week. I slept good until about 3 am when the contractions woke me up. I laid there and drank some water thinking they would go away, but after about an hour I called my sister and told her to head over, my contractions were just getting worse. When we got to the hospital they put me in a room and kind of took their time getting me checked. When the dr. came in around 5:30 I was dilated to a 7 (no wonder it was so painful). From there it went really quick and Olivia was born at 6:26 am weighing a whopping 4 lb. 11 oz. and then came Sam weighing 6 lb. 8 oz. After showing me both babies, they went to work doing their normal checking the babies out. Both babies were healthy and got to go to the room with me once they were done.We got home yesterday and we're are all doing great. In fact, I think I prefer the c-section. Here are the latest pictures of the little ones. They are so perfect. Olivia is so tiny but she is a porker, I think she will catch up to her brother in no time. Sam looks a lot like Ben. I feel so blessed that I was able to carry them to 37 weeks and that they were both healthy. I hope top be better at posting but I'm not making any promised. The last picture of Bo is a random one I added without knowing what it was an now I can't figure out how to remove it. Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Aw, they are PERFECT! Congratulations!!!
Twins...how adorable! Congrats to you Steph and to your cute little family. Love the pics!
no way! They are adorable! Nice work. I hope i meet them before they go to kindergarten! Congrats! And thanks for the earring! Miss you!
i didnt even know you were prego congrats they are to die for! so beautiful. I'm so glad everything went so well for you.
They are beautiful! Amazing how the size difference is by just two pounds. congratulations! I'm so happy that you and them are healthy and doing well.
That's awesome that you were able to go so far with twins and that they weren't too small! I hope you are feeling good and adjust to two new babies okay:-) I'm still pluggin along being huge, due in two weeks.
So, so sweet! Congratulations. I hope you are healing well. I'm glad Olivia is eating well, sometimes when they are small they are too tired to eat. Keep the pictures coming, I can't get enough!
Congratulations! I have a twin sister and think it is the best thing! Twins are so blessed to have eachother!
oh my goodness! twins!!! wow!
Post a Comment