Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Growing up too fast

Didn't I just have Bo? On second thought didn't I just have Ben? I'm having one of those days as a mom where I look at my boys wishing I could slow the whole "growing up" process down. Part of me is soooo excited that Ben has used the big boy potty 5 times so far :) But part of me is thinking I'm going to be sending him off to kindergarten next. Then, I will really have to figure out a way to slow down the growing up process. By the way, is it just Ben or do all kids think that they have to strip down completely to use the potty? He is not potty trained by any means but I think it's me that is holding him back. I'm secretly thinking, "well, if he's not potty trained he will stay little longer." Call me crazy, I know.

And then there's Bo, who, a few weeks ago was letting me cuddle with him. He's done with cuddling, he is now army crawling across the room to get his hands on anything that looks fun to play with. This little one is going to be a mover. And I'm so not ready for him to start walking!
It's time to re-baby proof my house...lock up the cupboards and put away all small object.

I love these boys! They keep my on my toes and are constantly making me laugh. If any of you have potty training ideas sent them my way. I guess I'll break down and finally let him use the big boy toilet all the time!

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

So cute! They do grow up too fast. Congrats on Ben starting to potty train. That Bowen is so cute and so big! I can't believe he's starting to crawl already. Wow! Thanks for sending the photos. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie! How are ya? I have a question. . . . how do you have your friends updates shown? I have been trying to figure that out and saw that you have it! Hopefully the question makes sense??????
Thanks
Emily

Jen said...

Hey--

A couple of potty-training ideas for you...

1. I've heard putting Cheerios in the toilet as a target (particularly for the boys) to "aim" at helps to keep the "stream" heading in the proper direction & keeps floor dribbles to a minimum.

2. We've used a sticker chart for our kids. It seems to motivate them. Once the chart fills up, they get to pick a treat or toy at the store. We've used it both in the beginning stages (getting them to actually go in the potty) and in the later stages (staying dry the whole day).

And....yes, the taking all of their clothes off is very "normal". Good luck! Potty training is both a blessing and a curse. :)

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

ha ha that is so cute! yes they totally get naked everytime the pee!! good luck with everything!

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

ha ha ha, you need to let ben have a mermaid party!!! get in touch with his feminine side, i am sure carl would love that!!!