Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Heat is On!



The craziest thing to be about the hot Arizona summers is the hot Arizona nights. In most places I've been, even if it is a hot summer day it will usually cool off at night time. That is not the case here. We went to a splash park last night and at 7:30 it was still 105. We've learned that to be outside, you have to be by water otherwise, it is best to stay inside with the AC. I've had to try to turn on my creative side to figure out how to keep Ben busy. We've built a lot of indoor forts, put together lots of puzzles, and gotten him sick of all his toys this summer. Ben has become quite the swimmer-that is another thing we do multiple times a week. Bo is now able to wear sunscreen, so we will be taking him a little bit more now. The sad thing is I think this weather will probably be with us for a few more months. I guess that's what we have to put up with for having an amazing winter.

5 comments:

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

WELCOME TO ARIZONA!! oh man i feel so bad for you guys. the first summer is always the worst. but your right a few bad months is worth it when we get 9 perfect months!!!

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

we are leaving the 1st of august, and ya i am really not lookin forward to the drive. the good thing is angela house is right in the middle so it gives us a good break, and we get to see them for a few days!

The Browns said...

you need to train stacey how to do this whole blog thing while you are there visiting! Hope you have fun. So sad i can't be there

lmsteele said...

ha, ha, welcome to AZ! But that is why it our weather is coveted the other 9 months of the year! Your boys are gorgeous. Add us to your blog. Steelefamily1.blogspot.com! I feel the same way about Brandon. They grow to fast. Guess I will just have to have another!!!

The Browns said...

I wish you would update your blog soon Mrs.