Monday, July 7, 2008

NYC Here they come!

My parents got their mission call today. Wouldn't you know, it took 10 days to get from SLC to Seattle. It always seems like the mail you are most anxious to get takes the longest. Anyway all of us siblings were on speaker phone as they read their mission call and they are going to the New York, New York North mission!!!! I felt almost as excited as I did when I got my mission call and of course couldn't help but get very chocked up. I'm so excited for them. It is something they have always talked about I just can't believe that it's already here. They report to the MTC Sept. 15! And will be serving for 23 months. I know YIKES! I'm pretty sure they signed up for 18 months but I guess the Lord needs them for longer. Well, mom and dad you guys will be such an asset to the people of New York! We love you and are soooooo excited!!

5 comments:

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

oh my gosh that is awesome!!! tell them congrats for me! they are gonna do sooo good!

Angela said...

Steph!! That is so Awesome! Im so happy for your parents! I want to go to New York! That is sooo exciting! Tell them I said Congraduations!

Jen said...

Wow! I didn't even realize they were planning on a mission. (By the way, this is Jen Price Carver...I discovered you from someone else's blog--maybe Mindee Haueter's or Angela's or Nikki's??)

Congratulations to your parents!

Billy and Nikki said...

Wow! That's so exciting! Billy's brother is there right now. Tell them to keep an eye out for Elder Speirs.

The Browns said...

Hey Baker Fam! We miss you over here on the East Coast. Don't ever let us live this far apart for good. hope you guys are doing good. I am sure that bo misses me rocking him to sleep. Haha. Love you