Sunday, August 31, 2008

September Already?

Well this summer has flown by which is wonderful since the summer in Arizona is something to be dreaded. Everyone told us our first summer here would be unbearable but it hasn't been bad at all. And hopefully (knock on wood) the worst has past. We have had such a fun summer and I think because we were gone for nearly a month of it, it went by pretty quick. We just got back from Seattle to visit my parents one last time before they left on their mission. I took the boys and was there for about a week. It is always fun to be with them, and the boys love all the attention and love they get from grandma Roma and Papa H. I love this picture of my dad and Ben. He just followed my dad around, anytime he was outside Ben wanted to be right along side him. My dad was out fixing a sprinkler in this picture and Ben was trying to help :)
My little sister Teri came out to visit at the same time and it was great to be able to hang out with her. She is so sweet with the boys and such a big help. It was also great to see Erin and Brian and the girls. Ben pestered them to death but he had a great time with them. We took a trip to the zoo, went blackberry picking, shopping (while grandma and Ben had a date together), played at the park, celebrated Oni's birthday, and had a great time together.


It was very sad to say goodbye to them as we left to go home. I was counting today and in the last year we've been able to see my parents 9 times even though they are in Seattle and we are here. We have been very spoiled to see them so often. I am very excited for their opportunity to serve a mission and know they will be such a blessing to the people they will be serving. I'm sure we will find some excuses to go out to New York. We love you mom and dad!!

4 comments:

The Browns said...

That was such a good trip. I really miss having you guys close. At least we are not across the entire country anymore. I love you guys!

Angie Startin said...

AAAAAHHH! I am go glad you found me!! I have wondered about you so much through the years but had no way of finding you. Where do you live in AZ? We lived there for about 5 years while we finished up undergrad. My parents are still in Mesa and we will be visiting them for Christmas, so if you are around, I would LOVE to see you!!! Your boys are so cute. Can you believe we have kids?! I still look at them sometimes and am a little shocked. You would think after 3 I would be more used to it :)

Liz G. said...

I just found your blog! Cute family. I just entered the blog world so it's fun to find everyone!

Rochelle said...

Cute blog! Are you an addict now like me? I love it...if I talk on the phone the kids interrupt a thousand times, but I can type and let them scream all they want.